Tuesday, May 16, 2006

《Goal! The Dream Begins(一球成名)》英语笔记(下)

1,Why be so pissed with me? 我怎么惹你了?
2,We're a unit, not a one-man show. The name on the front of the shirt is more important than the one on the back. 我们是一个整体,不是个人秀。印在这边运动衫前面的名字(球队名)远比后面的名字(球员名)重要。
3,This game is make-or-break. If the boss sees me do well, he'll keep me on. 这场比赛非成功即失败。如果老板看见我表现得不错会让我留下的。
4,I'm a wreck. 我现在一团糟。
5,It's part and parcel of the game. 这是比赛必不可少的一部分。
6,I made the reserve squad. 我进候选了。
7,I just saw the reserve list. I'm not on the team. I didn't even make the bench. 我刚看了候选名单了。我不在队里,甚至连替补都没份。
8,You're not at my disposal. You're playing with that lot. 你不归我安排。你跟他们一起踢。
9,Hey, man, thanks for covering me. If you fingered me, I was right in the shitter. 嘿,兄弟。谢谢你掩护我。如果你把我指出来,那我就死定了。
10,We're even, OK? I don't own you no more favors. 我们两清了。我不欠你任何情了。
11,You're screwing up your life, man. 你在糟蹋你自己的生活,伙计。
12,(Have a) Safe journey. 一路顺风。
13,The young players should be looking to you for an example. Off the field as well as on. 年轻队员应该把你看做为榜样。场上场下一个样。
14,You are right. There's no point in coming back. 你是对的。回来没有任何意义。
15,I never made peace with my dad. 我从没能跟我爸和平相处过。
16,You can feel the determination. Both teams really need this win. 你能感到场上强大的决心。这两个队都非常需要这场胜利。
17,Newcastle have give the ball away yet again. 纽卡斯队又重新开出了球。
18,They've conceded two goals in quick succession without reply. That's a devastating for Newcastle. Now, can they come back from it?
他们在对方来不及反应的情况下连进两球,这对纽卡斯队来说简直是致命的打击。现在,他们还能把比分扳回来吗?
19,Here we go. Second half, with Liverpool firmly in the driving seat. 下半场继续,利物浦队领先。
20,He must feel that the hopes of an entire city are resting on his shoulders. 他一定感到了整个城市的期望都沉沉地压在他的肩上。
21,Only seconds to go. Time almost up. 剩下的时间只能以秒来倒数了,比赛即将结束。

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home