Thursday, June 22, 2006

fuss

 fuss 1
  •  noun
1    [singular, U] when people become very excited, angry, upset etc, especially about something that is not very serious or important:
?I didn't understand what all the fuss was about. (= why people are so excited, angry etc)
2    make a fuss/kick up a fuss to complain angrily or noisily about something:
?The man at the next table was making a fuss because his food was cold.
3    make a fuss of sb BrE/ over sb AmE to look after someone very well and pay a lot of attention to them:
?My grandparents always make a fuss of me when I go and see them.

fuss 2
  • verb [I]
to behave in a nervous, anxious way, worrying over unimportant things:
?Stop fussing! We'll be home soon!
fuss over sb phrasal verb [T]
to pay too much attention to making someone comfortable or safe because you are worried about them

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home