Thursday, May 18, 2006

ABC - Season 1 Episode 2

Facts and opinions

phrase & modal verbs
believe, think, argue, feel, opinion, view.

  • unofficial: I think ... / I believe
  • formal: In my opinion ..., In my view ...
  • writing essay: It is believed ..., it is thought ...,

modal verbs:
would should could might

Pronouncation Tips:
  • word stress
  • sentence rhythm
  • intonation
I believe that the public health problem for vitamin D deficiency is quite significant. I would estimate minimum 25% of adults in the United States, Europe and probably even in Australia are vitamin D deficient.

I mean if you think about it, over 250,000 women in the United States will develop breast cancer this year. Something like 50,000 will die. If 25% of those breast cancers could have been averted, prevented in some way, just by having a little exposure to sunlight, would have been really tremendous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home